Once when I was at the doctor's office, the nurse mentioned her teenage son. I responded with genuine amazement: "no way are you old enough to have a teenager." Long pause. "I had him when I was fifteen." Long pause. "Soooo.....you're NOT old enough to have a teenager." Nervous laughter.
So on Saturday I am going to become the mother of a teenager. A teenager I had when I was 23. I have contemplated, just for fun, telling people I had him when I was fifteen. Because I really enjoy nervous laughter (when it's not my own).
------------------------------
When we were in college, Mike and my roommates coined the popular phrase "It's a Brendacentric universe." I'm sure they meant it in the best possible way--being the devoted fans they were and are. Of me. Brenda. Center of the universe. The type of mom who will post about herself instead of writing a tribute to this amazing kid turning thirteen on Saturday...
More to come...
12 comments:
great post. Yes, our blogs are definitely about us. And that's okay. I'm really more interested in you than Berkeley anyway.
Wait, does that sound rude? I didn't mean for it to. I'm leaving it anyway, you know what i mean.
I am laughing right now. I love your personality! Still laughing! Thanks for the laugh and no it is not an awkward laugh.
Congratulations for raising such a great kid so far. I have really loved having teenagers. Hope you will find that that is the case for you too.
Brendacentric. I love it. It really rolls off the tongue. I'm afraid Bridgetcentric just wouldn't work.
We are soul mates because I too made that same comment to someone. She had hers when she was 16 yrs old though. Oops.
Oh, and happy almost birthday to Berkeley.
You're Awesome! I needed a good laugh today.
that was awkward! i agree with darilyn, i am much more interested in you than berkeley. not that i don't love to read about him, but i just have more in common with you than an almost 13 year old boy!
You are SUPER funny! I love it! You can be Brendacentric anytime :)
You are a very funny girl! Happy birthday to Berckley:0)
I really meant Berkeley! Don't be mad:0)
Would it be possible to put some of your own songs on? We'd love to hear them.
These days when someone looks at me in shock and says, "You don't look old enough to have five kids!" I say, "Oh, I'm plenty old enough"--cuz man do they make you feel it sometimes.
Your roommates sound like really cool people!
Post a Comment