Friday, December 11, 2009

apple fritter pancake

The other day I woke to the delicate chimes of a silver christmas bell outside my door. There was no school, so naturally the kids woke early and I slept late. Sam stood holding the tantalizing creation you see above. Just for me! Invented by him!

I had him make another one so I could document the steps.

#1 peel and thinly slice apples.

#2 make your favorite pancake batter from scratch,
except substitute EGG NOG for milk

#3 place a layer of apples on a hot pan

#4 pour on a layer of egg nog batter

#5 top with another layer of apples


#6 cover for a few minutes


#7 flip carefully and cook through

Serve with cinnamon sugar, powdered sugar, and freezer raspberry jam.

Way to spread some Christmas cheer, Sam!

5 comments:

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

Looks absolutely yummy. Thanks for posting about it. It will be an inspiration for others.

Tonya said...

Wow, you have a future chef on your hands! It looks professional on all culinary levels. Impressive!

Sarah said...

I'm seriously impressed! He has mad cooking skills! How sweet of him too!

g said...

i'll have to add that to the list of andrus pancake recipes: orange, apple fritter ...

nice work sam.

sarahseekingsanity said...

Very impressed Sam. How do I get one of those in my house?