Friday, October 3, 2008

Four going on Fourteen

Maia started high school this year. Well, preschool at the high school. But it's "her" school, and she feels a sense of belonging as a "little warrior." Which is why she often sports her high school/preschool hoodie. Here she is posing as a smurf, holding our kitty Milo.


And tonight was her big night in her hoodie. The preschool kids got to lead the half-time parade at the Homecoming game tonight. Let me tell you, I think the last football game I went to was in 1989. It hasn't changed much--wet, cold, late, and long. And just like high school, I'm still much more interested in watching the marching band than the game. The half-time show was amazing and Sydney screamed her cheers for the awesome band and for Maia. We stayed just a few minutes past everyone's comfort level and left soaked to the skin.

6 comments:

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

The pictures really caught the feel of the night including "wet to the skin." I'm glad Maia likes her pre-school.

vaxhacker said...

Cool. Both our boys attended preschool inside high schools as well (one at Little Apollo and the other was a Little Warrior) It's nice how they get the high school kids involved in helping the little ones.

Bridget said...

Seeing Maia just makes me smile. She's so cute and cracks me up. The other day in the car she kept telling Cole "Sydney is my sibling." Although she pronounced it sibaling." It made me giggle. You are a good mom to take your kids to the football game.

Jolie said...

so neat that they do the preschool at the high school. Is there still a waiting list for that? I just dryed out from Audrey's wet soccer game yesterday...gotta love NW outside activities in the Fall...rain or shine, no matter!

angela michelle said...

what a cutie!
Brenda, thanks so much for your comments on my blog. I love you! I think we really must be soul mates after all!

Elizabeth Dimit said...

I agree with B. You are a good mom to take your kids to the game. We chickened out because it was so wet.