
My kids and I agree that autumn is our favorite time of year. I love the crisp sunny October days (great for photos), but I also love the early nights and gray rainy days that make me feel like hunkering down with the kids and some hot soup. Time to cuddle up and read some good books. But October was crazy fun. As I finally downloaded all my pictures, I realized I could have gotten about 10 posts out of October events. So I'm going to hit you with a seemingly-random string of events and thoughts. These are the highlights, anyway.
You've heard of the six-million dollar man. How about the boy with the
six-thousand dollar smile? (Berk got his braces off.)
six-thousand dollar smile? (Berk got his braces off.)

And Sam was soon to follow.

Mom and Syd got to go see Swan Lake, an entrancing ballet.
Thanks for the date, Syd.


Mom and Syd got to go see Swan Lake, an entrancing ballet.
Thanks for the date, Syd.

Next, a big thanks to the Vials and our friend Nicolina for a sunny day in the country.
Nothin' beats eating chili in the hay.
Nothin' beats eating chili in the hay.
Or carving a pumkin in a barn.

Or touching the sky.

Next up:
Have you ever met Oreo and Panda? I took this picture with the thought of possibly putting them up for adoption on craig's list. We are divided on this though. Some of us subscribe to the notion that pets are a life-long commitment. I, however, am tired of reminding the kids to feed and play with them. What do you all think?

WHICH BRINGS US TO HALLOWEEN:
I burn myself on the oven. Sydney thinks fast and grabs some ice--
Maia thinks fast and grabs the camera.
Maia thinks fast and grabs the camera.

I can't believe I didn't get a picture of Berkeley the alien-ninja with his friends on Halloween, but here are Sam, Syd and Maia with friends Gretchen and Parker.

And finally, friends, would you let your daughters go out with a boy like this?

How about a boy like this?
I love 'em both!
I love 'em both!


18 comments:
How clever of Maia to capture the moment!
I don't remember David Bowie having a goatee, but Sam sports it well.
I dressed up as a guy schlepping back and forth to some additional training.
I think pets hold a special, but irrational, place in our hearts. The more they recognize us, are dependent and trusting, I suppose the more obligated we feel to them. I know a lady that was completely distraught by the passing of her old sick blind diabetic cat because it was her soul-mate.
I kick my cat when it tries laying on my feet at night- unless my feet are cold, at which point she is involuntarily shoved under the covers.
I absolutely did not recognize Sam! Whoa, you guys did a great job. He was certainly transformed. Just imagine when he gets older....
I'm not a rat person, so I wouldn't feel attached. I was very happy when we gave ours away. Of course, I had a baby trying to eat the dislodged dingleberries off the floor. BLECH!
Enjoy the couch/cuddle time. They grow up so fast.
You really should blog more often instead of saving up!
Love the picture of the kids in the corner of the deck.
You couldn't pay me enough to own pet rats!
We're looking forward to supper Friday night. We're both dieting so could we skip dessert?
Love, Mom
I'm impressed at how clean your kitchen floor is in that picture. I for one would certainly let my daughters date your sons. I know one already secretly wishes but she has a long time to wait.
Hey Berkeley, I have a really cute sister about your age...
I love everything about autumn too. The hardest part about the move so far has been the lack of fall weather here :( Still, I can pretend right? We had soup last night and I bought some hot chocolate, plus a/c creates the crisp air...
Let them go out with them? How about marry them! Somehow I have to have Sammy in my life! Him and Sage aren't THAT far apart in age right?
Berkely was great on the piano. Now can Sam play that guitar?
Great montage. I love that you have a picture of burning your hand on the oven.
Sam is sooo cool. And I know this is random but I like Berkeley's black shirt.
First of all Maia is as cute as the pumpkin she is carving, Syd and you look like twins on your date, I don't know about the moms wanting their daughters to hang out with the handsome rockstar Sam but I know a lot of little girls are already dreaming about it and Berkely is fantastic on the piano! I just love your family.
Sam looks awesome! Fun excellent adventures:0)
Love the pictures! They are so much fun. October was a fabulous month, wasn't it?
PS: I'd get rid of the rats. :-)
We loved having you guys out and look forward to sharing more fun times in the future. Rich and Paula Vial
No fair! Sam's anti-braces picture looks better because its zoomed out!!!(I'm not that ugly in reality)
Berkeley is welcome to date either one of my daughters, if he's still available in 12-15 years.
I took Meg to see Swan Lake last week too! It was basically a running commentary of stage whispered questions. "What are the swans doing?" "Why did that mean man change Odette into a swan?" "Why doesn't Odette want to be a swan?" "Now what are the swans doing?" And during the ovation, "Why is the audience clapping for the mean man?" Her questions were pretty legitimate- the story is ridiculous and unintelligible if one is inclined to over thinking things.
You just have such a great family! I feel priveleged to be Berkeley's teacher and love that one-on-one time I get with your kids every week. Thanks for sharing them with me!
yes, put them on craigslist. you don't have to fantasize about their accidental deaths, a new family gets to love them, and you're free from the nagging!
beautiful pics, beautiful children!
Great pics! Sam looks rockin! I am split on the pet thing. Go with the majority. You have had them quite awhile so it is not like you didn't try! Good luck I am sure you will make the best decision.
Post a Comment