Thursday, January 1, 2009

Little Miss Personality

Happy Birthday, Maia Noelle!

We are so thankful for dear friends who trudged here in the snow to help us celebrate on what may have been the snowiest of snow days. And we are thankful for Grandma, who put all the snow clothes in the dryer and lined up all the boots at the end of the party. And Grandpa, who ran the craft station. And of course Maia, who was the happiest little hostess, hardly ever saying "it's my birthday, so I get to go first!" :0)



Our commissioned cake lady was snowed in at the Salt Lake airport, so Berkeley and I made the snowman cake--which didn't turn out half-bad! Although I obviously did not master the shade of lavender for the scarf and hat. The cake itself was downright yummy, because Berkeley added a package of vanilla pudding to the mix: yum. He poured the batter into 3 sturdy glass bowls to make the snowman shape.

The kids played pin-the-carrot-on-the-snowman, bean-bag toss, cake walk, red-light-green-light, and duck-duck-snowman. Sam, Berk, and Syd ran the game stations. They ate pigs-in-blankets (smokies in Rhodes dough), at Maia's request. A great party!

But since this is really all about me, can I just tell you what a strange sensation it is having the youngest turn FIVE? She is not a baby anymore, which means I have no baby, which is weird. Weird, but wonderful.

My little Maia.
I love this picture because she looks like my mom when she was little:

12 comments:

Bridget said...

I love that little Maia. My boys had a great time. Fun trudging through the snow to your house too.Even more fun that I didn't have to do it to pick them up. :)

Gail said...

Yep, a brown-eyed beauty, that's for sure!

Darilyn said...

I love Maia too. Happy birthday sweetheart.

Elizabeth Dimit said...

She's adorable! I love taking her to preschool in the "magic roller coaster"!

Sarah said...

That picture is adorable. She is a very cute girl! Happy Birthday Maia!

Tonya said...

Happy birthday Maia! I can't believe she is 5 already. That is really crazy and Ivy will be there soon and I won't have a baby anymore either. I agree with you. Wierd, but wonderful!

Neil said...

That's a great snow-man cake- how apropos.

Breezy said...

Wow, she's five? When did that happen. Life seems to pass by so quickly, happy birthday Maia.

Tami said...

I love the pictures of Maia, what a beautiful little girl. I also love your blog about our snow days. They were somehow magical.

Sunny's Creative Dance said...

HaPpY bIrThDaY Maia! It looks like you had a super special day!

RocketBox Boy said...

Oops! That last comment was really from Me, Ms. Heidi, I was updating my mom's blog and forgot to switch to my name. Anyway HaPpY bIrThDaY! Again.

velvetelement said...

Maia is such a cutie!