Tuesday, March 10, 2009

day two of pledge week

If you're just tuning in and don't know about pledge week, read all about it.

I'm not really feeling the pain tonight. There's nothing on t.v. on tuesdays anyway. I had a busy day of teaching art lit; the kids played with friends and had piano lessons. Tonight, the girls and I did watercolor and read Anne of Green Gables. Mike and the boys had scouts. The kids went to bed. Then Mike and I ate pie (thanks, Heidi) and played a high scoring game of scrabble--314 to 307. Yes, Mike won. Mike always wins.



This pledge week is starting to feel like the snow days--an excuse to slow down.

Also, I'm having a little breakthrough about my emotional connection with shopping...(my emotional connection with t.v. is a little more obvious) but I'm not sure I can articulate it yet. Stay tuned. Okay, one hint: it's not what you might think.

7 comments:

r said...

Good to know it's not too painful...yet ;)

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

That IS a high scoring game. Long Scrabble words!

vaxhacker said...

Glad it's going well. Good job!

Bridget said...

Oh, I can't wait to hear more. This is so fascinating to me. And what is it with you and shopping? And can you not spend any money this week? Including groceries? Or is it just not using the credit card?

Ken said...

"Blogger"? Let me guess whose word that was!

angela michelle said...

I made a DIVINE trip to Target today and really that $100 made me happy. Definitely something wrong there.

Neil said...

I'm with Ken- is blogger in the scrabble dictionary? Nice job also with jodelers.